Labels

Yoda

Yoda

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Best Laid Plans

Tonight we went to pick up our 12 month old Alexis from Gram and Papa's.  Jack will be spending one more night.  Everyone looked haggard and tired...it looked like everyone was on a chocolate milk bender from the night before.  Grandma probably also handed out slices of cake in the morning for a little hair of the dog. Are there ever any rules at Grandma's? (NO!)

While we were there it gave me a chance to peek into Papa's workshop and see what he has been up to.  We were able to spy these photos:

Gary started by pulling the actual AT-AT patent drawing for scale.


Gary then turned to his brother Steve whose hobby is playing around in a Cad-Cam program.  Every piece was laid out to scale.  A 3D model was built and then pieces were exploded out.  Notice below that Gary has made templates.



Action shot.  Template placed on foot assembly and being routed.



Finished routed foot assembly


Leg Assembly.  Notice the dimension.  Lots of custom work going on here.


Showing off.  Yes he has 7 routers.  Not sure I have 7 of anything.  How does someone collect 7 routers?


1 comment:

  1. Hey there. I'm making one too. I already made a speeder bed for my son. I'm making an ATAT bed now. Check mine out too. I wish I had your tools! Lucky! Good luck.

    jasonkala.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete